The following are some of the benefits of becoming a member in CCF:
- CCF conducts 3-4 meetings in a year where experts in the field are invited to offer guest lecture / workshops, conduct seminars in areas of interest to counselors. Members get to attend them for free.
- CCF conducts Case Study Review (CSR) meetings twice a month – once at Mandaveli and at Velachery. It will be facilitated by experienced senior counselors. A member presents a live case that is taken up for discussion. Members attend these meetings also for free. The cases are also reviewed at the end of year as a follow-up to get updates on the cases presented.
- CCF organizes paid workshops, International seminars periodically. Members get a discounted fee for such seminars.
- Some of the other organizations with whom CCF collaborates offer discounts for CCF members for their seminars / workshops. Members can avail of these offers.
- Members trained in Career Guidance can conduct these seminars on behalf of CCF and get duly compensated on a case to case basis.
- The details about RPC members are being posted in our website which would facilitate the general public to have access to their services.
- Many organizations in need of counselors approach CCF with their requirements for part-time or full-time counselors. CCF circulates such requirements to all members.
- CCF also conducts specific programs for training counselors in general counseling as also in school counseling. These programs are offered to members at a discounted fee.
- Most importantly, members get to network with some of the senior counselors in Chennai and benefit from their knowledge and experience.
- Senior members will also be trained as supervisors so that they can guide interns / students who wish to pursue counseling as a career.
1. Student Membership: Students studying UG Final year and above in Psychology or Social Work or allied disciplines can become student members. One has to submit the photocopy of Student Id card with the application.
2. Junior Professional Counselor (JPC) Membership: Counselors who have completed their PG in Psychology or Social Work or allied disciplines and have less than 3 years of experience as practicing counselors can join as JPCs. He/She has to submit 1 letter of reference from an academician or practitioner who has got experience of more than 5 years and a photocopy of PG Degree Certificate/Provisional Certificate/Mark Sheet should be submitted along with the application form.
3.Registered Professional Counselor (RPC) Membership: Counselors who have completed their PG in Psychology or Social Work or allied disciplines and have 3 years of experience or above as practicing counselors can join as RPCs. He/She should be a member in a national/international professional body. He/She has to submit 2 letters of reference from academicians or practitioners who have got experience for more than 10 years and a photocopy of PG Degree Certificate/Provisional Certificate/Mark Sheet should be submitted along with the application form. A photocopy of the experience certificate given by organizations should also be submitted. In case of private practitioners, a self declaration of experience should be submitted.
4. Affiliate Membership: Persons, who do not have a post-graduate degree in any of the behavioral sciences, yet have received specialized training in HIV counseling, school counseling or teachers who are working in academic institutions are eligible. NGOs who are interested in tie up with CCF to perform collaborative work are eligible. Workers in allied fields of academics, education, legal, medical, and pharmacology are eligible. Any individual who is interested in the aims and objectives of CCF is eligible. A photocopy of certificate (highest educational qualification) should be submitted. A write up of 'why he/she wants to join CCF' has to be submitted along with the application form.
Members can pay an annual membership fee or use the Long Term Membership option for 5 years and pay the fees. The details of the fees for various categories of membership are as follows. These rates are applicable from the FY 2016-17.
|Category||Fee / Annum (Rs.)||LTM Fee (5 Years) (Rs.)|
MODES OF PAYMENT
1. In case of cheque / Demand Draft, please send it to our mailing address by courier. The address is furnished at the end of the document.
2. In case of payment by cash, please call our treasurer Dr. Sumathi Narayanan @ 98410 14626. We request that cash payments be avoided.
3. In case you remit the amount by NEFT, please send us the confirmation PDF or a screen shot to our official Email : email@example.com
The details of our Bank account are as follows:
|Name||Chennai Counselors’ Foundation|
|Bank||Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|Branch||L B Road, Adyar|
|Address||57, L B Road, I Street, Opposite Adyar Depot, Adyar, Chennai - 600020.|
You will receive an SMS from our Treasurer Dr. Sumathi Narayanan on the receipt of your courier / NEFT. Id card and receipt can be collected at the venue of our programmes from the treasurer or will be sent to you by courier. If you have not received any SMS on this even after 1 week, you can check with her by sending an SMS to 98410 14626
The application form can be downloaded from this link:
Chennai Counselors' Foundation,
Menangudy Hospitals India Pvt Ltd,
19/1, First Avenue, Shastri Nagar,
Adyar, Chennai - 600 020.
In case you need any clarifications or questions, please feel free to call the Secretary Mr. Ganesh Nerur @ 98400 51922.